She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
877 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
before the war [s]
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2024 20:02:52 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

The sea breeze cooled the hot day down to a pleasant temperature. Robin settled into the picnic blanket more comfortably before pulling out a strawberry sando from the basket. Sinistea hovered close, interested, but Robin regularly prohibited the pokemon from tasting her sweet treats. Perhaps, if Sin behaved, Robin would offer a strawberry slice for the haunted cup's brew.

Despite how pleasant the setting was, and how refreshing a picnic could be, Robin was plagued with worry. "Do you think the limit of six is real?" Inside her criss-crossed legs was a pokemon egg. She had no idea what it could be, and instead of joy, it left her feeling deeply anxious.

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
if i could be as bold to say that, you make me a joy parade
awards
278 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
before the war [s]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2024 20:12:58 GMT
saskia volosenkova Avatar
saskia holds no such reservations against letting her pokemon have little treats. even if she did, there's very little she could do to enforce it against the little gremlin oleg. she points her toes, stretching outward, trying to keep him occupied with yoga on the blanket so he doesn't scarf down all of robin's yummies. 

"no way," she says. they're both rangers. they saw the posters at their respective hqs. kolya had seen them too and - "my papa says it's propaganda. 'cause how the heck are they gonna enforce that on top of everything else, ya know?"

still, she sounds unsure. "anyway, there's no way i'd let 'em take my babies. you got a place to hide yours?"
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
877 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
before the war [s]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2024 20:22:53 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

"Propaganda," she echoed thoughtfully. She wanted to believe it was a lie. The posters had stayed up far too long and in far too many headquarters for her to believe it was a Rocket trick. After all, there was no way for Rocket to materialize such a campaign without being caught. No, she was confident that was internal. But... could it have been propaganda in the sense it was to make Rocket think everyone else was weaker?

It was hard to say. " won't let 'em enforce it. Dewford's safe -- he already told us not to obey." She took a bite out of her sando. "My pokemon will be safe back home, but I've been trying to figure out other spots to place them. I want to think mine might be safe at the Border. Marshadow can shepherd them." Probably.

Hopefully.

Robin patted at the egg absently. "It just feels like a mistake. I think everyone should be focusing on training civilians, y'know? To defend themselves. To know how to flee effectively."

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
278 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
before the war [s]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2024 20:27:48 GMT
oleg inches closer to the food spread with every downward dog. saskia is usually none the wiser, but she's hard focused on his antics right now. her brain would rather be attentive to anything but the uncomfortable conversation at hand right now. 

kolya told her not to tell anyone about the floorboards and the secret lock box under them, the place where they'll put all the balls if they do come knocking, but secrets are lonely things and loneliness is terrifying in the face of the unknown. 

"oldale hq is working on some drills, but like, what can we do if something like kyurem hits town, you know?"
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
877 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
before the war [s]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2024 20:36:00 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Oldale was so valuable, too. Their gardens had heavily supported the pecha shortage after the rampant sickness taking Hoenn by storm just months ago. Robin's grim thoughts keep her from protecting the small pastries from Oleg. "And what does limiting our pokemon do to help us prepare against Kyruem?" Or Kyogre. Or Necrozma. Or Arceus. It felt like they were being asked to fight with their hands behind their back.

"I became a Ranger to help ghosts and their public image. To reduce fear." Her gaze was sad as she stared at the egg, her strawberry sandwich forgotten. "I think... Sometimes, I think I've just been wasting my time. But I know we've done good. We've done good! We helped clear some of the issues in Area Zero, remember?" There had been countless paradox pokemon in there, and they were plenty aggressive. "We... we keep trying, and, and I don't know. I don't know what to do. I even get nervous even having this egg around. I hope it hatches. I'm afraid it'll be taken from me, otherwise."

close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
278 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
before the war [s]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2024 16:16:39 GMT
she fidgets, hands in her lap, and nudges oleg with her foot. he realizes he's been had and flops onto his back with a soft whine. saskia resists the urge to give him a raspberry on his tummy; it's too sad to do such cheerful things.

"my papa says it reminds him of kanto. what rocket does to their civs there." her mouth squirrels.

"i think...i think we've done good. and i think the league's done a lot of good. the rangers especially. and i want to be part of that - that something good, even if i don't understand what's going on a lot of the time."

she reaches out and gently brushes her knuckles against the egg, offering a wan smile to her friend. 

"it'll hatch. c'mon, little guy, look at all the yummy treats your mom put out just for you."
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
877 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
before the war [s]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2024 16:37:27 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Sasky's response makes her want to cry. She doesn't, of course, because that wouldn't do either of them any favors. She's cried about the war effort enough times when putting up her tent each night. There's nothing left to cry about. Instead, she says, "you're right. We do some good, and that's important." Not that goodness alone will save Hoenn. If it could, no one would stress about Rocket. There are more people doing good than there are doing bad.

She rubs the egg, thinks about what it might be and what it might like to eat when it hatches. "As long as it doesn't eat like Snorlax, I can afford to keep it happy and full." She laughs. Snorlax had done a lot of roaming for berries when they traveled because she just couldn't keep enough stocked in her bag. "But this little fella sh-" It twitched.

She looked to Sasky immediately with stars in her eyes. "It's moving! Oh my goodness, I think we're gonna see it hatch." Then, panic set in. "I didn't think of a name! Oh, no, I don't have anything prepared. What do you think? Give me a name!"

close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
278 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
before the war [s]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2024 17:16:13 GMT
"yeah, that's what's most important." it's hard not to get caught up in all the things that are wrong, but there are just so many things they've done that are good. like sasky and helped that old lady with the good treats on her farm! and again in the ashes near fallarbor!

and life in oldale still goes on, even with the silent icelands so close. people are so, so, so resilient, and wherever there are people, there's hope. 

her small smile widens into her signature full-blown grin and she resists the urge to crack the whole egg open herself to help the little baby out. oleg, who has the same exact brain as saskia, but minus the self-restraint, comes in hot with an attempted karate kick, but saskia scoops him out of the air before he can get close.

"oh, no, you don't," she says, despite his wriggling. 

"name, name, name." uh, uh. gods, the last time she named one of her mons, it pissed off and made her depressed for a whole hour afterwards. 

but, naturally, that doesn't hold her back from blurting the first thing that comes to mind: "BOB ROSS?"
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
877 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
before the war [s]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2024 17:23:02 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Robin's eyes are saucers as Sasky's pokemon tries to come in hot with a kick. Thankfully, Sasky keeps Oleg from doing it, but Robin can't help but send psychic waves from her brain that say take that you evil psychic bastard. Psychic types were the devil incarnate and one day Saskia would see that.

Still, she waited with bated breath for a name from Sasky.

And then her face fell. "......... Bob Ross."

She looked down at the wiggling egg, then back to Sasky. She'd rather send the egg off to war right now than call whatever hatches that. "Um, ok. Well, giving me a name I definitely won't use at least helps narrow it down. Hmm. I guess I'll just name it after you." A line split on the surface of the egg.

"Oh geez, it's really coming." She fought the urge to help. "I can't believe I'm gonna have a little Saskia Jr."

close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
278 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
before the war [s]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2024 17:37:01 GMT
unlike , saskia is overjoyed that she matters so much to someone that they would name one of their pokemon after her. she resists the urge to squeal with joy, kind of sorting through the complicated emotions of robin instantly rejecting what was an incredible suggestion and to the way her heart feels so full at the follow-up. 

"or, o-m-g, if it's a boy, maybe oskar? viktor? if i was a boy, i'd like those names. oh, or maybe even sasha. sasha is such a pretty boy's name, don't you think?"

more fissures appear on the surface of the egg. oleg beeps a welcoming tune for the new baby. 

and saskia says, "or maybe oleg 2.0?"
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
877 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
before the war [s]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2024 17:45:52 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

She laughed. Saskia did have some good names on deck... why she offered the first, Robin couldn't say. But she liked the elevator pitch a lot. "OK, OK, so Sasha Oskar Viktor if its a boy - three names are in right now. Saskia Jr, if its a girl." She grinned ear to ear at the plan. Of course, she didn't consider a plan of action if it were genderless like Dhelmise were. She lifted the egg up as the cracking increased, ready to welcome her new partner to the world.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,801 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
before the war [s]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2024 15:34:19 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A MINIOR HATCHES FROM YOUR EGG!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] GENDERLESS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SHIELDS DOWN
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ANCIENT POWER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]COSMIC POWER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]STEALTH ROCK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SHELL SMASH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]EXPLOSION
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]METEOR BEAM

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] CONGRATULATIONS!

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,801 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
before the war [s]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2024 15:34:39 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven